Saturday, April 24, 2010

Netball begins....

Well, we had a very exciting morning!  The girls started netball!  Abbie is doing "Net, Set, Go" which is a beginners intro to netball.  They play lots of games introducing the skills they use to play.  Caitlyn was a little old for this, so she now plays for the Brothers U9s team!

We turned up this morning and sorted out uniforms and registration.  Of course, as I went to take a photo of them both in their uniforms, my camera batteries died!!!!!  ARGHHH!!  So, next time they play (in 2 weeks), I will be sure to have those darn batteries charged to the brim!!!

Caitlyn was with her coach and team for 1/2 hour to warm up.  She then watched from the sidelines for the first half and went on for the last half.  She was the WD and I was so proud of her!  She caught and threw a lot of balls.  Lots of stepping was done, but they were very "relaxed" on that for her as she's never played before!  She just LOVED it!!!  She did so well, considering training this week was rained out! 

Abbie, on the other hand, spent the first 20 minutes crying and saying she didn't want to join in.  So after a lot of coaxing I took the court with her and eventually handed her over to the coach.  5 mins later she was bursting to participate in everything!  Thank goodness!!!

It was such a great morning. Both girls play 9-10am, so that means that I've enlisted my Mum to help me have both girls watched!  Thanks Mum! 

As soon as the next game is played, I'll post photos of my girls.  Gosh, I don't think I stopped smiling all morning!  Very proud Mummy!

I love 3 day weekends!!  Bring on the next two weekends and term 3/4!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment