Saturday, July 4, 2009

1st week of holidays!

Well, it's been a great first week of the holidays. On Monday we went to Alma Park Zoo and even though we only went for half a day, it was still a lovely family outing! The kids loved it, I can't say the same for myself and the mud though!!!

Caitlyn spent Tues, Wed and Thurs at Wavell High SS doing a performing arts workshop through the Australian Youth Choir. So I dropped her off there at 9am each morning and picked her up at 3.30pm. Abbie and I veged out on Tuesday and cleaned a little more of my house! Wednesday we went to a local park with some of Abbie's school friends. On Thursday, my sister, Mum, Abbie and myself went to Chermside and saw The Proposal, it was FABULOUS!! I bribed Abbie with a special toy and popcorn and it worked a treat!!

Friday we visited Katrina and picked up the class guinea pigs, Sparkles and Teetsie!! They are being very well loved and keeping the girls busy. But I sat down to read a few blogs Friday afternoon and read about Suzy's party - I completely forgot!! Far out! The kids would have loved to have gone up. Oh well, maybe next time...

I have spent this weekend cleaning out downstairs and have just finished my scrapbook room! I am so excited. I cleaned out stuff I haven't used for ages and made the kids a drawer that they are allowed to use stuff from whenever they please. I am hoping to make some cards for the market stall and a few other projects I have in my mind!

Have also become ADDICTED to Twilight!!! In 5 reads, have finished the first book! Love the characters, loved the ending!! Oh so fab! If anyone is willing to lend me number 2, I'd be forever greatful! I've just loved reading it and was really disappointed when it finished, so now will have to wait for a wonderful friend!

Looking forward to Deb's on Monday and catching up on what everyone else has been up to! Suzanne and Deb are looking like professional photographers now! WOW! Your latest photos are so wonderful. Can't wait to see more.

I'll have to upload some images later, as Sean's xbox game makes it impossible for me to upload stuff! Stupid games....

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I have book 2 Kristie, you are more than welcome to have it tomorrow. I'll put it out so we don't forget! Can't believe you forgot Suzy's we had a fabulous time. We are going to get more photos tomorrow! We thought maybe feeding the cows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls have the whole series between them, so I'm sure they would loan it to you!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete