Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Back at Work.....

Well, today was the first PFD for us at Cab East.  Our day was spent in an airconditioned room, mostly listening to operational stuff and behaviour stuff.  I still maintain that teacher's are not engaged enough!!  I really struggled to stay on task and was exhausted at the end of the day from doing nothing!!  Oh well, my room is looking fairly good now, stayed back this afternoon and cleared a bit of the office, so feeling better about that. 

Unfortunately, whilst the rest of the staff have 2 hours tomorrow am to work in their rooms, we'll be in a prep meeting.  I wonder if admin realises how much work goes into getting classrooms ready and that's even after I've spent two days up at work preparing.....If I"m ever a deputy or something in admin, I will remember!!!

The new prep teacher, Shae, seems lovely!  She has a few years experience on prep and has been teaching for a while (I think about the same time as me).  Alina is excited too, so I think it should be a good year!  It was strange today in the staff room, when I looked around I saw lots of new faces and it just reminded me of the high staff turnover we've had of late.  I really do miss you all....

Well, that's my blog for now.  I've misplaced (or Abbie's taken:( ) my USB drive.  Very frustrating, so going to see what I can find on the hard drive to start with....

Hope you all have a smooth return to work and I can't wait to read about your first days back...

xxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. You should get a little present today or tomorrow, to brighten your day. Use your prep meeting time to nut out how you can work together, to make life easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you too, put in that form this year with you know where as your preference! Engagement - that is why we do not sit and talk at our kids all day!!! Who could be interested in that! Have a fabulous year, help is always close by although I know you won't need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Deb, not allowed. You can't all go there. I need to have some of you around. I really feel out of place, in straight year 1 but I'm really excited. I didn't get much done today Kristie as I always had lots of people in my room. So I'm going to stay tomorrow afternoon so it is totally ready for kids on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete